For pregnant women and supporting women who care about birth options
We come together in this special gathering to help our pregnant sisters feel nurtured, heard, supported and nourished through sharing a nutritious vegetarian lunch, stories, a talking circle, meditation and more. As supporters we are grandmothers, mothers, sisters, aspiring midwives and professional midwives, doulas, nurses, doctors, yoga teachers, psychiatrists, pharmacists, energy and body workers, ministers, and other women who care deeply about simple and sacred birth; we gather out of selfless service to support and encourage the instinctual life of those with us wanting to birth in power against a modern current of fear and unnecessary interventions.
Together our support offers the younger women…
• Nourishment and inspiration for their body, babies and spirit
• The feeling of being bathed in a sense of belonging
• Trust in their intuition
• Strengthened confidence in their body and its knowledge of the best answers for it (whether ‘natural’ or otherwise)
• Belief in themselves and tools to recognize their inner knowing
• Motivation to ‘do it their own way’
• Encouragement to speak their Truth
• A place to find peace in making their own decisions
For all who wish to come, please email Colette, who is organizing the shared lunch: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to bring a beloved elder woman in your life please do! We only ask that she email Colette and arrange to bring a potluck dish to share, along with the other elders and supporters in our gathering.
Held approximately every trimester (three times per year).